By Pradipta Kumar Deb
An creation to Mine Hydrogeology briefly describes the topic of hydrogeology in order that this information might be built-in into mine improvement making plans. It emphasizes not just the hydrochemical but in addition the actual affects of the hydrogeological atmosphere at the mine and its atmosphere. additional, it discusses the methodologies utilized in mine hydrogeological stories, showcased by means of chosen reviews on Indian mines.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Mine Hydrogeology PDF
Similar hydrology books
From the administrative Summary:There are a few issues that the present Corps making plans and building funds has no longer stored velocity with increasing nationwide water administration wishes for flood probability administration, water transportation, and different reasons. even as, others query the knowledge of and budgetary clients for the continuation of a conventional water venture building software.
Simple Hydrology deals a large dialogue on hydrology. The textual content comprises the mixed software of uncomplicated programming and engineering self-discipline besides numerous similar stories, proof, and instructions. In bankruptcy 1, the ebook makes a speciality of defining simple hydrology and discussing what sort of a programming language easy is.
This new e-book bargains an engineer's point of view at the historical past of water know-how and its effect at the improvement of civilisation. A moment variation and translation into English of the French booklet "L'Hydraulique dans les Civilisations Anciennes". Water execs, engineers, scientists, and scholars will locate this booklet attention-grabbing and helpful to their figuring out of the elemental position of water engineering within the improvement of civilization.
- Desalination of Seawater
- Geomorphic Analysis of River Systems: An Approach to Reading the Landscape
- Hydrology and Water Resources of India
- Water Contamination and Health: Integration of Exposure Assessment, Toxicology, and Risk Assessment
- Increasing Resilience to Climate Variability and Change: The Roles of Infrastructure and Governance in the Context of Adaptation
Additional resources for An Introduction to Mine Hydrogeology
11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 00 BDL pH Conductivity at 25 °C (lmhos/cm) Turbidity (NTU) Colour (0H) TDS (mg/l) Total coliform (MPN/100 ml) Total hardness (mg/l as CaCo3) Calcium (mg/l as Ca) Magnesium (mg/l as Mg) Fluoride (mg/l as F) Chloride (mg/l as Cl) Sulfate (mg/l as So4) Alkalinity (mg/l as Caco3) Silica (mg/l as Sio2) Sodium (mg/l as Na) Potassium (mg/l as K) Iron (mg/l as Fe) BDL Below Detection level References 25 References Deb PK (2001) Hydrogeological investigation for proposed cement plant at Nonghkhleih, Jaintia Hills district, Meghalaya.
Karstification is, therefore responsible for location and movement of both the confined and unconfined ground water bodies. In the unconfined aquifer naturally the first bench of Karstification is one involved below water table. At Sonadih, it appears that unconfined aquifer extends down to a depth of 30 m. As the thickness of shale bands increases below a depth of 30 m, ground water occurring below this depth seems to be under confined condition. However, it is clear that the area offers a set of anisotropic aquifers as the ground water occurrence and movement are entirely controlled by the solution joints.
Confining materials on top and bottom of the aquifers like clay or shale beds are to be identified which acts as a confining medium and makes the aquifer confined or artesian one. For a running open cast mine, some times mine gets flooded by inrush of ground water flow hindering mining operation. In such cases, on the pit floor, a sump is made where water is allowed to percolate in it and being pumped out. Interestingly, in most cases, pumped out water returns to the same aquifer causing repeated problem of ground water in rush to the mine.